HVAC, short for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, provides heating and cooling to residential and commercial buildings.
CFS can offer brass forging and machining services for brass components in HVAC system. Forged and machined brass parts, or just forged parts, such as special fittings and thermostatic valve body for heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, refrigeration and climate control systems. Both the forging and machining is carried out in-house and guaranteed by careful monitoring of every single activity. The departments of forging and machining are equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, ensuring high efficiency, high precision and production flexibility.
Examples of components for HVAC system by brass forging and machining:
- HVAC Brass Fittings
- Thermostatic Valve Body
Brass forging can creat HVAC components with better quality than brass casting. General steps of hot forging HVAC brass components include: rod cutting, billet heating, forging, trimming, shot blasting, etc. Under the forging process, the temperature control is critical, normally fluctuates between 650 and 750ºC. The heating furnace used in CFS Forge is homothermal , which makes the temperature control perfect, and will not occure any forging defects. After heating, convey the heated billets to the forging equipment, and press them under lower forging die, while under the workforce of upper die, the billet is pressed under high pressure and squeezed into the shape of HVAC component. Then, remove the flash under trimming die to get net shape components. Finally, shot blasting to achieve smooth surface finish.
Advantages of brass forging:
- variety in shape of components for HVAC system, this technique allows more options on shape modifications;
- possibility of serial production at important quantities, we are talking about thousands of pieces/hour;
- Less strength required for deformation;
- Obtaining of excellent mechanic features with fatigue resistance; this is due to the fact it contains an isotropic property of strength:
- brass by forging keeps the same physical properties at all directions, thanks to the fact the internal structure is essentially unchanged from the brass bar coming from an extrusion process;
- Perfect sealing of the pieces by the lack of porosity or fissures;
- Facilitates the later machining of the pieces, becoming a more competitive and complex elements;
- Less costly than casting;
- Possibility of brass waste material recycling.
Brass machining is usually adopted to remove excess material of brass forgings or brass billets. For brass components served in HVAC system, there are mainly two types of manufacturing methods: forging and machining, or machining from billets directly. In CFS Forge, we have machining capability in house, and are equipped with a variety of machining equipments: drilling machine, boring machine, grinding machine, NC lathe, CNC, etc. The machining equipments are selected to machine brass HVAC components mainly accordingly to the machining requirement and budget from our customers. In terms of the precision and surface finish of machined areas, CNC is the best choice, but if our customers have limited budget, we may use normal machining equipments instead.
Advantages of brass machining:
- Can creat brass components for HVAC system with net shape and high precision.
- High effeciency with less time
- The machining cost is affordable.
- Excess brass material after machining is recycle.